Accessibility is important to us. Please contact us if you have any questions (email@example.com, p. 0294 500 501).
Kiasma is situated in the centre of Helsinki, close to good public transport connections. Parking spaces for visitors with disabilities are located between Kiasma and the General Post Office building next door. To drive there, turn at the corner of the Post Office building towards the Sanomatalo building.
Kiasma is fully accessible
- All floors can be accessed by lifts.
- The upper landing in Kiasma Theatre is fully accessible. We advise that you contact the theatre in advance if you need space for a wheelchair (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 0294 500 501).
- There are accessible adapted toilets on the first and fifth floors.
- An induction loop system has been installed at the Information Desk, Kiasma Theatre and the Seminar Room.
- You can borrow a wheelchair, wheeled walker (rollator), walking stick or crutches, as well as a baby stroller or baby carrier, from the cloakroom.
- Portable chairs are available on the second floor.
Personal assistants and guide dogs
- Disabled persons’ personal assistants have free entry into Kiasma.
- Guide, hearing and assistance dogs are welcome at Kiasma.
Services for visully impaired visitors
- Tour guides and gallery attendants are trained to assist visually impaired visitors.
- The cloakroom has a picture of Kiasma in relief, floor plans in Braille, and a scale model you can touch. Aids such as torches and magnifying glasses are available to borrow.
- Some works of art may be touched when Kiasma personnel are present. Please consult the staff.
- Descriptive tours are available for the visually impaired. All tours can be customised to suit groups with special needs. Let us know your requirements when you book a tour!