Comprising experimental works of both Finnish and international performance art, the programme also includes films and installations. Kiasma Theatre collaborates with several festivals and other players in the field of performance art. One of the programme highlights is the URB Festival organised every summer.
- Tatu Rönkkö in the Dark (21.1.)
- Piste Collective / John Court: 6hours 6days (24.–29.1.)
- ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCES Tuija Kokkonen: Kemi – II muistio puista (3.-9.2.)
- Auri Ahola: Viehâ CANCELLED
- Pauliina Feodoroff: Matriarchy CANCELLED
- Musica Nova: Playtime – a case study (4. & 5.3.)
- The Best of Tampere Film Festival 2023 -screening (18.3.)
- Laura Cemin & Bianca Hisse: How the Land Lies (14.-22.4.)
Dreamy & Tom of Finland
- Ania Nowak: To The Aching Parts! (Manifesto) (28.4.)
- Ania Nowak: Deep Inside (28.4.)
- Teo Ala-Ruona: Enter Exude (24.-30.5.)
- Niko Hallikainen: Money Shot CANCELLED
Location and accessibility
Kiasma Theatre is located on the first floor, at the opposite end of the building from the main doors. The theatre has no numbered seats. Jackets and bags can be left to Kiasma’s cloakroom for free.
The top level of Kiasma Theatre is accessible. We recommend to contact Kiasma’s info before if a place for a weelchair is needed.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Offer a work for Kiasma Theatre
Kiasma develops its events programme independently. The programming time span is about 12–18 months into the future. Therefore, we will not be able to implement your proposal during the current performance season.
Events at Kiasma, as well as our exhibition programme, are designed for specific target audiences. We also produce extensive joint projects annually with various partners.
Here is how to submit a proposal for a performance or event
- Your proposal should identify and provide a rationale for the concept or project (1 page)
- and at most 6 images (.jpeg, 300 dpi, max 1 MB). For video art works, we ask you to include a link to the video file.
- Send your proposal to email@example.com (by e-mail only).
Since our programme is by invitation only, we do not give feedback on proposals sent to us. If your proposal has been successful, you will be contacted directly.